|Monday||6:00 pm||7:00 pm|
One thing you can count on is that DJ Blaque comes to every event with what so many other DJ’s forget….energy. He gets the crowd involved, invoking them to sing along, and perpetuate the cycle of a high energy event.
1. Anchorage, AK & Victorville, CA
2. I’m on Ruff Ryders Radio each Monday, 6pm – 7pm
3. I’ve been apart of the Ruff Ryders family since 2016
4. I am affiliated with the High Desert (CA) chapter
5. I’ve been DJing since 2015
6. I draw inspiration from a homie I’ve known since High school. He used to DJ at the local bowling
7. alleys on weekends.
8. To be a DJ is an escape from reality. It’s my way to destress. To be a Ruff Ryders DJ means even more.
9. My favorite DJ’s are DJ Craze and DJ Jazzy Jeff
10. Halloween at Mad Myrna’s in Anchorage, AK was the first party I ever DJ’d.
11. My advice for future DJs is to never stop sharpening your craft
12. Jersey Club is my favorite genre of music. It’s a heavy bass EDM sub genre, with chopped samples from hip-hop or pop music.
DJ Blaque officially started DJing in 2014 for a crowd at the World Famous Chilkoot Charlies in Anchorage at a weekly event called Open Decks. Since then Blaque has held a DJ residency at venues such as, Mad Myrna’s, Club SinRock, LED Ultra Lounge, The PlayHouse, Koots (Formerly known as Chilkoot Charlies). He has had the opportunity to play at Alaskan venues such as The Homestead Lounge, Main Street Tap & Grille, The Avenue, The Gaslight, Brown Bag Sandwich Co, Al’s Alaskan Inn, just to name a few.
His philosophy is all about throwing an event that keeps the audience on their toes. He doesn’t let them lose momentum. DJ Blaque shows aren’t some recycled and expected playlist but rather, creative, uplifting, and are setting a new standard for DJ’s everywhere.